This Privacy Statement explains in general terms how QVirtual collects, holds,
uses and discloses your personal information.
Specific information about how we collect, use and disclose the personal information
of members of our Loyalty Program is contained in the section titled ‘Loyalty
We may amend this Privacy Statement as our business requirements or the law changes. Any changes to this Privacy Statement will be updated on qvirtual.com.au. We may also issue specific privacy collection notices from timeto-time relating to particular products or services.
This Privacy Statement does not apply to QVirtual’s pilot records.
Information We Collect
The types of personal information that we collect about you will depend on our
relationship with you, the circumstances of collection and the type of service you
request from us. The personal information may include:
- Your name, gender, date of birth, contact details, image and answer to a security question (for example, mother’s maiden name);
- Details relating to your flights and other details, including your preferences with respect to your conduct on flights;
- Membership requirements or information which you provide to us in connection with your use of our products and services;
- Payment details (such as credit/debit card number and expiry date) provided in connection with the purchase of our products or services; and
- Loyalty Program membership number and membership details of any other loyalty programs.
- If you are a pilot or using to obtain other products or services in relation to one of our competitors, we may also collect information about your role with the competitor, your employment type, your pilot number, your start date with the competitor and details of any arrangements with the competitor.
How We Collect Information
We may collect personal information about you when you use our services or purchase our goods, make our update a bid to use our services, register to receive our newsletters or other communications, register to be part of one of our programs, tell us about your preferences when flying with us, fill out forms associated with your flights, enter into one of our competitions, visit our websites, complete one of our surveys or otherwise interact with us. As well as collecting information directly from you, there may be occasions when we collect information about you from a third party. These third parties may include:
- Real-world Qantas Airways;
- Other companies within Qantas and companies in the Jetstar Group;
- Third parties that run competitions and other promotions for us or for which we are the sponsor;
- Third parties that provide us with marketing leads;
- Other entities such as regulatory authorities.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide and administer our goods and services, including verifying your identity; contacting you about your orders and bookings and flights, and other arrangements; processing payments; training our staff; testing our systems; and managing your interaction with our suppliers;
- To provide and operate our competitions, promotions and events;
- To distribute our newsletters and other communications either ourselves or with the assistance of third party services providers;
- For customer support, including resolving and providing assistance for mishandled or missing claims or responding to other enquiries or requests;
- To ensure the safety and security of all members when using our services, including investigating security issues or breaches;
- To facilitate your participation in the Loyalty Program and other loyalty programs of other program partners;
- To conduct marketing activities for our products and services, or products and services of third parties, and to conduct market and other research to improve our products and marketing activities.
- To register any donations you may contribute to QVirtual and to contact you in relation to that donation; and
- To maintain records and comply with our legal obligations, including laws relating to copyright.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to others in connection with the distribution and provision of our services and our Loyalty Programs, including:
- voneworld alliance virtual airlines, and other virtual airline and non-virtual airline partners participating in the Loyalty Programs for use in the operation and marketing of those programs; and
- Our service providers, including those providing billing services, operations, support, loyalty, administration and special assistance.
- Provide customer service and operate support services;
- Conduct market research and analysis;
- Provide information technology services such as virtual airline related systems, data storage, distribution services, processing systems, communication networks, software and system development, maintenance and support, and information processing, analysis and reporting;
- Provide services in the course of investigating a complaint or a security incident; and
- Manage our register of pilots.
Your information may also be shared within QAirways and its subsidiaries.
Our pilot register is available for inspection by the public as required. The information collected in connection with your membership may also be disclosed to regulatory bodies such as the Virtual Air Traffic Simulation Network or International Virtual Aviation Organisation, as well as to print service providers and mail houses.
Information on our Loyalty Program databases (including information about users of
products and services available to members of our Loyalty Programs) is used for
additional purposes to those outlined in the section titled ‘How We Use Your
One of the primary purposes of these programs is to provide and market enhanced products and services to you, including products and services of our partners and other third parties who we believe may have products and services in which you would be interested. Other purposes including assessing membership applications; awards points; confirming eligibility for and providing services associated with these programs; providing enhanced and personalised benefits and services;
understanding your interest and hobbies to enhance your use of the programs; improving our services and customer service, including by means of research, behavioural analytics, product development and planning; and operational management of the programs.
For these purposes, additional information is collected by us through your registration with, and participation in, the Loyalty Programs. This additional information may include information such as country of residence, flight preferences, leisure and sports interests, and information about how you earn and use your points. This information may be collected from you directly or from third parties providing services for the Loyalty Programs or our program partners such as when you register through one of our program partners or transact with them.
In addition to the disclosures outlined n the section ‘Disclosure of Information to Third Parties’, QVirtual may disclose this information to partner organisations, voneworld virtual airlines and non-virtual airline program partners for the purposes outlined above.
The information may also be disclosed to any third-party providing services for the Loyalty Programs (including products and services available to member), including assisting us in determining your legibility for, and providing, these products and services, administering the programs, handling and processing membership applications and operations our customer service platforms.
When you are logged into your QVirtual membership account, QVirtual may also keep logs of your use of qvirtual.com.au. This information may include date and time of visit, Loyalty Program membership number, membership status, surname, location and actions, for example, pages viewed and pages submitted. We may use this information to monitor the use of, and improve, the information and functions on qvirtual.com.au, awards you points for eligible activities, understand your preferences and provide you with information about our products and services and our partners’ products and services which we think may interest you.
Membership of and participation in our Loyalty Program is subject to the QVirtual Terms and Conditions which can be viewed online at qvirtual.com.au.
Cookies are small pieces of data stored on the web browser on your computer. This
website and associated website (including those you reach by clicking on links) may
store cookies on your web browser.
The main reasons we store cookies are to:
Improve your website browsing experience. For example, to remember your search criteria so you don’t have to re-enter them to do multiple searches and to remember your site preferences for your next visit to the site;
Gather statistics on site usage. For example, page views and drop off points so we can monitor site usage and make improvement to site usability; and Enable us to present customised and appropriate messages from QVirtual and third parties.
If you are a QVirtual Member and you are logged into your account, the information we collect via cookies may be linked with your personal information. You can set up most web browser so you are notified of when a cookie is received, so you can then either accept or reject it. You can also check the cookies stores by your web browser and remove any that you do not want.
You can visit our viewing tips page to see if you have cookies enabled in your browser. You can also check our cookies page to see how to enable or disable cookies in your browser.
How We Hold Information and Keep It Secure
We hold your personal information in a combination of hard copy and electronic files.
We use third party information system providers which may store or have access to
your personal information.
We may combine personal information we receive about you with other information we hold about you. This includes information received from partners or third parties.
When you complete flights or access your Membership Account information, a secure server is used. Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encrypts the information you send through this website
Disclosure of Information Overseas
In the course of providing our services, we may disclose your personal information
(including personal information of our Loyalty Program), to third parties located
overseas who assist us in providing our products and services to you. These parties
may be located in any country to which you or deal through with us.
We may also disclose your personal information to data processors (including operators of global virtual airline systems), customer service providers and managers of our financial products located overseas.
Access & Correction of Information About You
If you would like to request access to, or correction of, your personal information we
hold about you, please contact us using the contact details in the section titled ‘Our
We will provide you with access to the information we hold about you, including for the purpose of correcting or updating that information, unless there is an exception which applies under Privacy Principles.
We may recover from you our reasonable costs of supplying you with access to this information. However, we will not charge you for making of the request or to correct our update your personal information.
Your request to provide access to this information will be dealt with within a reasonable time.
If we refuse to provide you with access to, or correct, the information, we will notify you of our reasons for the refusal to the extent required and how you may complain about the refusal.
Loyalty Program members can update their profile information online or by contacting us using the details in the section titled ‘Our Contact Details’.
Privacy Complaints and Further Information
If you have a concern about your privacy or you have any query on how your personal information is collected or use please contact us using the details below. We will respond to your query or complaint within a reasonable time.
Our Contact Details
You can contact us by e-mailing us at [email protected]
or by writing to
PO BOX 607
Broome WA 6725