Welcome to the new and improved online Qantas Virtual Pilot Handbook! Here you can review up to date airline information, policies and procedures for your day-to-day operations at Qantas Virtual. This handbook is updated on a regular basis and it is a pilot's responsibility to ensure they are aware of any changes made to this document.
Our mission at Qantas Virtual is to provide our pilots with the most accurate and realistic experience as possible. We achieve this by simulating the day-to-day operations of Qantas and its codeshare partners. Our schedule system contains over 3700 schedules that gives pilots the opportunity to fly to all continents (excluding Antarctica).
We also simulate a pilot training academy where numerous courses are available for those who are willing to extend their love or knowledge for aviation through a better understanding of it as a whole.
Qantas Virtual will always be proactive to ensure that the experiences of its members will be convenient, efficient and pleasureable.
Qantas Virtual strives to create an experience that realistically represents the real-world Qantas and the vital role a pilot undertakes in an airline. Qantas Virtual will be the breeding ground of tomorrow's pilots, as such we will strive to instil the same professional image upon its members as the real-world Qantas has upon its own employees and customers.
All pilots accepted by Qantas Virtual with or without previous Virtual Airline experience are assigned the initial rank of Second Officer.
The more hours you fly and flights you complete, the greater the commitment and therefore the greater the achievement as you advance through the ranks.
|Trainee Second Officer||0 - 10|
|Second Officer||11 - 150|
|First Officer||151 - 500|
|Captain||501 - 1000|
|Senior Captain||1001 - 1500|
Bonuses (Unavailable until V4 Release)
Bonuses are automatically rewarded to a pilot’s pay upon the completion of a flight in excess of 8 hours or upon the completion of a flight with a landing rate of -50fpm or less. The amount awarded is to the total of $1000.
Awards are given to pilots after the completion of certain milestones during their employment at Qantas Virtual.
These awards are broken down into three categories:
Each of the awards and their criteria are as follows:
Qantas Virtual allows a maximum of 100 hours to be transferred from other VAs provided that this information can be verified. On the pilot application form there is a facility for you to enter your recorded hours that you wish to be transferred. Please make sure that the URL of the site is available on the application form and if you provide a page to your log please ensure this is the correct URL.
We do not chase other virtual airline websites for transferred hours. When your hours have been transferred they will be classed as transferred hours, not Qantas Virtual hours.
Qantas Virtual has partnered with companies to provide discount codes to our pilots for any purchase with the company. You can view all discounts by clicking the 'Pilot Discounts' link in your Pilot Dispatch.
By accessing “Qantas Virtual” (hereinafter “we”, “us”, “our”, “Qantas Virtual Management”, “http://www.qantasvirtual.com”), you agree to be legally bound by the following terms. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all of the following terms then please do not access and/or use the “Qantas Virtual” website.
- The login credentials that are provided to you serve as your individual membership identification. You may not under any circumstances provide, seek or obtain permission of your own or another individuals credentials in the course of performing Qantas Virtual operations.
- Members are required to use their full name when registering as a Pilot. Incomplete, incorrect or misleading information will result in the termination of the account.
- You may only register for and hold only one account.
- All members must provide a valid email address. If your accounts email address changes, you must use the online form to modify your email address in the database. Accounts with invalid email addresses will be removed.
- All pilots must fly at least one flight within the first 30 days after successful completion of registration. If unable, you are permitted to request a leave of absence for up to 1 year.
- All flights must represent a valid Qantas Virtual flight as assigned by the schedule system on the website. Flights that are not inputted into this system will be rejected without the member's consultation or consent. The correct aircraft and livery must be used for all flights.
- Whilst pilots can fly for more than one airline, we do not allow pilots to replicate an airline route for more than one airline at any one time. Same pilot reports filed for Document Handbook multiple airlines will be rejected initially; further disciplinary action will be taken against the pilot subjected to a violation of this clause.
- Qantas Virtual Management reserves the right to suspend or terminate any individual membership from the airline without notification if this or any other relevant policy has been violated. The member may appeal the suspension or termination to Qantas Virtual Management whose decision shall be final.
- Qantas Virtual does not approve of pilots in management in outside virtual airlines, if a pilot is suspected of operating a management position in a competitor virtual airline, the pilots membership will be suspended without notice pending investigation, no appeal will be offered to the pilot. Please note this also refers to pilots leaking sensitive information and material on behalf of a virtual airline even though a management position may not be held.
- Qantas Virtual has a strict policy on plagiarism, if a pilot is found to have leaked sensitive material off the Qantas Virtual website, forum, academy, or any other relevant third party application, the members account will be terminated immediately without notice. No appeal will be available to the pilot.
- The relative policy of Qantas Virtual acknowledges and promotes the expectations placed on members to behave both within and outside the organisation.
- Members are to, at all times, be courteous and respectful to one another. No threats, harassment or un-warranted comments are not to be directed at any member under any circumstances.
- Members represent the Qantas Virtual community at all times when accessing other external sources on the Internet. Members should be made aware that they should not undertake any action that would bring harm to the reputation of Qantas Virtual, including, but not limited to misrepresenting oneself to another organisation, breaking the rules and guidelines of another organisation, or making derogatory statements about Qantas Virtual
- Members are to only fly one flight at any single time. Members are not to have consecutive flights flown at the same time.
- Qantas Virtual Management reserves the right to update these terms without prior notification. Remaining updated relies solely on the pilot. Violations of the subject policy may result in probationary period, a temporary suspension, termination or other form of disciplinary procedure to the members account.
By accessing “VATSIM” for the usage of “Qantas Virtual” (hereinafter “we”, “us”, “our”, “Qantas Virtual Management”, “http://www.qantasvirtual.com”), you agree to be legally bound by the following terms. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all of the following terms then please do not access and/or use “VATSIM” for “Qantas Virtual” operations.
- Pilots must follow the VATSIM Code of Conduct at all times while connected to the VATSIM Network, found here: http://www.vatsim.net/network/docs/coc/.
- Pilots are required to log on under either the Flight number of the flight they are flying, or their individual Pilot ID when connecting to the VATSIM Network.
- Pilots must show maturity and are reminded to display the highest level of professionalism towards other members at all times when connected to the VATSIM Network both inside and outside Qantas Virtual as our online reputation is represented whenever a pilot is connected to the VATSIM network.
- Pilots must file a fully completed VATSIM flight plan for each flight, including the proper remarks, route and other additional information, which is required.
- Pilots must maintain and adhere to all Air Traffic Controller clearances and instructions in relation to the aircraft during all stages of flight. However, a pilot assigned as pilot-in-command of a flight may exercise exception to this clause with reasonable justification in ensuring the safe operation of the aircraft.
- Pilots must comply with all supervisor requests as detailed in the VATSIM Code of Regulations, found at: http://www.vatsim.net/network/docs/cor/.
- Pilots are strongly reminded that while connected to the VATSIM Network, they are to ensure that the Qantas Virtual name is upheld to the best of their ability. Others are always watching what you say and do and will judge your performance accordingly.
By accessing “QCommunity Forums” for the usage of “Qantas Virtual” (hereinafter “we”, “us”, “our”, “Qantas Virtual Management”, “http://www.qantasvirtual.com/community”), you agree to be legally bound by the following terms. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all of the following terms then please do not access and/or use “QCommunity Forums”.
- The login credentials, which are provided to you, serve as being your individual membership identification on Qantas Virtual. You may not under any circumstances provide, give or surrender permission or knowingly allow your username or password to be used by anyone else other than Qantas Virtual Management.
- Members are to at all times behave in a courteous and respectful manner when using any of the provided features on the QCommunity Forums.
- Members are prohibited from the usage of excessive CAPS to draw emphasis or attract attention whenever using the forums. It is considered to be shouting and rude, Qantas Virtual Management instead reserves the right to use CAPS for the purpose of displaying important announcements.
- Members allow Qantas Virtual to use any screenshots submitted for use on the website, documents, promotional materials etcetera.
- Multiple or repeated posting of threads, comments or information in order to increase your post count is not permitted.
- Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes exploiting any of the features made available on the QCommunity forums to spam other members.
- Posts that are sexual, political, race-orientated and religious in nature or violate QCommunity standards are not allowed.
- Discussion of illegal activities through the use of QCommunity Forums such as tips for software on terms of piracy and other intellectual property violations are not allowed under any circumstances.
- Qantas Virtual reserves the right to remove or moderate material on QCommunity Forums without prior notice.
- Qantas Virtual Management shall be the sole-regulatory authority in dictating what does and what does not violate community standards or other relevant policies.
- You may only display your Qantas Virtual official signature and VATSIM Online Status image in your QCommunity description. All other elements will be removed without notice.
By accessing “QTracker” for the usage of “Qantas Virtual” (hereinafter “we”, “us”, “our”, “Qantas Virtual Management”, “http://www.qantasvirtual.com”), you agree to be legally bound by the following terms. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all of the following terms then please do not access and/or use “QTracker”.
- Qantas Virtual has the right to reject a PIREP without prior notice, the decision is final unless the pilot appeals the decision within 3 days of the initial decision.
- Qantas Virtual members are to follow the guidelines set in place in the pilot handbook in regards to PIREPs.
- Qantas Virtual members are not allowed to bully, mock or disrespect their fellow members at any time through the QTracker chat.
- Qantas Virtual members are admonished to keep all chat in QTracker in regards to aviation and Qantas Virtual. Any discussions of illegal acts or those going against Qantas Virtual policy are prohibited.
By accessing “QAcademy” for the usage of “Qantas Virtual” (hereinafter “we”, “us”, “our”, “Qantas Virtual Management”, “http://www.qantasvirtual.com/academy”),you agree to be legally bound by the following terms. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all of the following terms then please do not access and/or use “QAcademy”.
- As a member of Qantas Virtual, the member agrees to be bound and to abide by the Policies set by Qantas Virtual. Violations of the "policies" may result in a probationary period, a temporary suspension of the members account, or termination of the members account.
- All members are entitled to one account only, more than one account will result in being permanently banned from Qantas Virtual.
- All content within the training academy remain the intellectual property of Qantas Virtual and Qantas Virtual will not take to kindly to content being used outside this virtual airline. You will be removed from the roster immediately for leaking material outside Qantas Virtual and action will be taken against the perpetrator.
- The username and password which is provided to you is your exclusive membership identification. You may not give permission or knowingly allow your username or password to be used by anyone else.
By accessing “Qantas Virtual TeamSpeak” for the usage of “Qantas Virtual” (hereinafter “we”, “us”, “our”, “Qantas Virtual Management”, “http://www.qantasvirtual.com”), you agree to be legally bound by the following terms. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all of the following terms then please do not access and/or use “Qantas Virtual TeamSpeak”.
The following clauses apply to all forms of communication on TeamSpeak, including voice, public text and private text.
- Qantas Virtual members must not release this server information to anyone outside Qantas Virtual.
- Abusive, rude, impolite or any language that is deemed disrespectful will not be tolerated.
- Discussion that is sexual, political, race-orientated and religious in nature or violates TeamSpeak standards is prohibited.
- Qantas Virtual members are prohibited from bullying, mocking or disrespecting their fellow members in any way at any time.
- Qantas Virtual members must respect the use of channels with specific purposes, as outlined in the channel description. These channels are in place to provide pilots with a sterile environment and must be treated as such.
- Advertising of outside organisations is not permitted under any circumstances, with the exception of Qantas Virtual partners.
- Any conversation supporting, encouraging or facilitating criminal and/or illegal behaviour including the pirating of software will not be tolerated.
- Qantas Virtual members must adhere to all staff directions while on the TeamSpeak server.
Violations of this policy will result in severe consequences.
|First offence:||Teamspeak warning.|
|Second offence:||24 hour suspension from the Teamspeak server.|
|Third offence:||Seven day suspension from the Teamspeak server.|
|Fourth offence:||Permanent suspension from the Teamspeak server.|
Note: Staff can deviate from this procedure at any time at their own judgement.
A Pilot Report (otherwise known as PIREP) is a report of each flight conducted for Qantas Virtual generated by the QTracker system or the manual submission system. A PIREP contains all of the information about your flight, including (but not limited to):
- Airline/flight number
- Departure/Arrival airport
- Flight time
- Log of events
PIREP Acceptance Guidelines
Once your PIREP is filed via QTracker, VATSIM or the manual form, it will be reviewed by the Regional Management Department who will decide whether to accept or reject the PIREP.
You must follow these guidelines, or your PIREP will be rejected:
- Landing rate must not exceed -600fpm.
- No over speeds in excess of 3 minutes total time.
- No stalls or slews.
- No simulation rate changes.
- Must fly the correct aircraft and livery.
- Depart and land at the correct airports.
- Must complete the flight.
- No in-flight fuelling.
The guidelines for flights filed automatically by VATSIM are as follows:
- Proper callsign must be used.
- Correct departure and arrival airport.
- Correct and complete flights remarks.
- Complete (arrived) flight.
The guidelines for flights filed manually are as follows:
- Correct flight information as per schedule brief.
- Correct and complete flight remarks.
- Vataware link including in PIREP comments.
- All fields in form are filled out.
Failure to meet any of these guidelines will result in your PIREP being rejected.
- Updated: Verison Four Update Updated for the Version Four release